Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow

There is snow all over the ground. Everywhere. It's covering everything and it is so beautiful. I always love the first monumental snow of the year. It's a blanket of white. It reminds me that God is big enough, not only to cover my entire line of sight with snow, but also all my sins with his forgiveness. I am feeling rather nostalgic on this snowy morning. I have this long tradition of walking in the first snow, for the last three years I have had someone to walk with me, but not this year. I will be walking in solitary, with only my God with me. It has been a struggle, but I think I'm more and more used to being independent, being free from dependence on another. I still wonder if God will bring someone into my life and if so when he will do it. It's all on his timing, I just think I am a little impatient sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for coming over and following my blog! I am obviously older than you are, and I can tell you that a heart seeking Jesus first will always be satisfied. Tell God the desires of your heart, and then tell Him you want His desires for you more. He'll bring you everything--and everyone you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. It is such a great thing that God has this life all under control and that we don't have to worry about anything. He will provide.

    ReplyDelete